Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £14.00 Concessions: £11.50
A gaunt, scrawny gang of anti-heroes - Begbie, Renton, Spud and Co - live life on the edge in 1990s Edinburgh. But their gross-out gags and techno-charged hedonism disguise a bleak, desperate undertow of addiction and ruin.
This adaptation of Irvine Welsh’s smash-hit novel about drug fuelled urban alienation speaks as loudly and irreverently as ever. A counter-cultural reaction against Thatcher-era Britain, Trainspotting retains all of its raw energy in exposing the narcotic, dead-end flip side of “loadsamoney” capitalism.
Be prepared for a no-holds-barred, in-your-face cocktail of loud music, bright lights, strong language and adult themes.
Audiences are advised that this production includes very strong language, nudity and scenes of drug use throughout.
Age recommendation 16+ (any younger, at the discretion of parents/guardians)
There are also flashing and strobe lights.
- INFORMATION -
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tickets can be EXCHANGED for another performance subject to availability.
- Please note the position of the stage on the seating plan. Row A is the front, Row S is the rear. The Row marked 'W' at the front = wheelchair bays.
- CONCESSION PRICE applies to customers who are aged 60+ or under 18, students & unwaged.
- BOOK FOR A PARTY OF 10+ for the same date, and receive 10% discount. All 10+ seats must be booked at the same time - discount cannot be applied retrospectively. (If other discounts/offers are being applied, this discount might not be available).
- RUNNING TIME TBC
- Customers are reminded that PARKING around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please leave yourself as much time as you are able to arrive and park (and buy or collect your tickets, if applicable).
“Who needs reasons when you’ve got heroin?”